Data Protection Principles
The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation complies with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation – 2018 of the European Union. The six principles relating to the processing of personal information are:
- it is processed fairly, lawfully and transparently
- it is collected and processed for specific reasons and stored for specific periods of time, and that it is not used for reasons beyond its original purpose
- only the data necessary for the purpose it is intended is collected, and not more
- it is accurate and that reasonable steps are taken to ensure it remains accurate
- it is kept in a form that allows individuals to be identified only as long as is necessary
- it is kept securely and protected from unlawful access, accidental loss or damage
We will always follow these principles and ask you how you would like us to communicate with you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation may collect personal information when you:
- Sign up as a contributor to or create a profile on our AFRIEF Community or any of our Networking Platforms
- Join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution to AFRIEF Community
Participate in a survey or provide feedback to The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation
Disclosure of Personal Information
If you sign up as a contributor to The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation, we will publish your contributor profile, which may include personal information, on AFRIEF Community.
If you join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution, The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation will publish your post, which may include personal information, on The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation, such as your name and position. Other than these situations, The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
To third parties which assist the operation of The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation (in which case we require these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services)
In exceptional circumstances, The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety
With your consent
Handling of personal information
The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation will take all reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Accessing your personal information
Any person may seek access to personal information, which The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation holds about that person and we will provide access to that information upon request. There are certain exemptions, which may apply to the provision of that information. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and we may charge an administration fee for granting access to information. Requests to access personal information held by The Africa Islamic Economic Foundation should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.